Tending The Sacred Flame:
15½ Love Practices To Stay In Love
1. Love – Be verbal with your emotions. Choose to share what is in your heart for the other person. Tell them, often, how grateful you are. Create opportunities to share.
2. Peacefulness – Practice being peaceful. Guard against irritation, bitchiness and nagging. Be a space of non-reactivity. Don’t be quick to anger. Be safe space.
3. Enthusiasm – Be happy to see them, every time you see them. Stop what you are doing before they come in the room. Be present – while excited. Choose to do this!
4. Patience – Take a long view. Don’t rush decisions or force things to a crisis. Keep in mind the years ahead and the scope of your lives. Be patient with their progress.
5. Trust – Practice trusting your love. Even if they have broken your trust before, continue to practice a “feeling” of trust. Try not to keep “framing” them in the past.
6. Encouragement – Encourage your lover. Support them in their dreams and what is important to them. Acknowledge them. Be ready with compliments.
7. Mystery – Keep some mystery. Don’t get too comfortable. Don’t reveal everything. Be selective. Keep their interest, and intrigue. Choose to be compelling.
8. Prayer – Have sacred time together. A time when the two of you put your heads together and give thanks and make requests, and share your care for others.
9. Affection – Just be sweet. Be cuddly. Pet. Hug. Snuggle. Squeeze their feet in the morning. Take the time to admire. Develop pet names, and sounds.
10. Vision – Develop yourselves. Continuing to grow into someone amazing and wonderful. Have your own vision, and a common vision, and talk about it.
11. Creativity – Create together. Find some common, fun, pleasurable things you can do together, in the same room, even if you are doing different things.
12. Conversation – Cultivate meaningful conversations. Prepare in advance with interesting things to share. Learn about what they care about, be interested. Listen.
13. Humility – Just do it. Humility takes practice. Acknowledge your own faults before you judge theirs. Don’t let your ego rule the roost. Honor your love.
14. Forgiveness – Be quick to forgive. Be willing to take back hurtful statements or mistakes instantly. Do not hold grudges, they are infections. And forgive yourself.
15. Choose – Choose every day how you are going to show up in your life, and how you will be with your Love. Keep choosing all day long. Choose them again.
½. Really look, and really see, their beauty.